With unparalleled views of the city skyline from its shores, Coronado is famous for its white sand beaches, Naval history, and relaxed-yet-stylish shops and restaurants. Experienced locals also know that one of the best ways to tour Coronado Island is on foot. So, leave the car in the city, hop on the ferry for a scenic jaunt across the water, and get ready for a day to remember on this Coronado walking tour.
About the Coronado Ferry and Food Tour:
Over the course of the Coronado walking food tour, the island (okay, peninsula) will reveal its unique beauty and singular stories. Meet our expert local guides at the dock in San Diego and depart on a quick, illuminating ferry ride to Coronado. Once you arrive at the Crowned City of San Diego Bay, our tour guides will be ready to show you the sights, share the island’s fascinating history, and serve up culinary delights.
- Take San Diego by sea – Hop aboard a ferry and see San Diego Bay the way it was meant: on a boat. After you meet your guide at the landing dock, you’ll hit the water for a gorgeous, fascinating trip—with plenty of opportunities for photos along the way.
- Dive into history – Whether on a ferry or on foot, you’ll get to know the rich and riveting history of San Diego Bay and Coronado. Hear how the first port of San Diego and Coronado came to be, how naval aviation took wing on the island, and how this unassuming spot once was the playground of the nation’s elite.
- Soak up the views – Pose for vacation portraits at Coronado beach or snag the best snap of your city with some of the finest views of the San Diego skyline and the Coronado Bridge at your disposal.
- Slow down and explore – Explore Coronado by foot and savor the coastal views, relaxed energy, and natural beauty of the area. Walking tour destinations abound, from beaches and trails to shops and historical sites.
- Sip and sea – Wash down the views with a taste of beer—or two! Head to a local brewery for a beer tasting led by a brewery representative and learn more about the craft beer culture that’s come to define San Diego.
- Find the local food scene – After you work up an appetite while walking the Coronado tour, you’ll need to refuel with some of the peninsula’s finest eats. Your guide will make sure you don’t miss out, with planned stops for tastings at no less than three local restaurants included on your private tour.
- Hit the Hotel Del – So you’ve had your fill of food, stories, and photos. Why should the fun stop with your Coronado island walking tour? No need to head back to San Diego with us, explore the famed Hotel del Coronado and explore the luxurious, historically significant hotel at your own pace. You’ll have a ferry to head back when you’re ready to leave.
Tours can be booked for private groups of 10 or more guests. They’re anything but ordinary, and for a more elevated experience, we can sprinkle some unique offerings tailored just for you! Contact us to discuss.
Length of Coronado Ferry and Food Tour:
- The total length of the private tour will run approximately 3–3.5 hours.
- You’ll take the ferry from the ferry landing dock in San Diego to Coronado Island. Once you arrive, you’ll explore the Peninsula on foot, stopping at a local brewery and three dining locations.